Sunday, October 23, 2011

Talk - Action = 0


A few weeks ago, I picked up this book at Reckless Records at the strong urging of Earthdog.  We almost fought over who could buy the copy we spotted behind glass on the wall.  Fortunately, they had a few others behind the counter so we could both get one.  I read the 300 page book today.  It is filled with a lot of pictures of gig flyers from the history of D.O.A.  In between, Joey Shithead writes some interesting stories about some of the gigs.  It was a quick, entertaining read that is a good complement to his previous book, "I, Shithead".  Near the end of the book, he mentioned the Skatopia Festival in Ohio.  Sorry Earthdog, he didn't mention anything about the conversations you had.  Near the same part in the book is a gig flyer with Chicago's Shot Baker on it.  I believe they did a small tour with D.O.A. a few years ago.  There is a pretty cool D.O.A. family tree and a complete discography listing at the end of the book for those completist like me that must have everything certain bands have released.  I had a blast seeing D.O.A. a few times at Riot Fest.  Keep rockin', Joe!  I look forward to your next music release.

1 comment:

  1. Maybe this will jog his memory for the 2nd edition:

    http://www.flickr.com/photos/10748285@N08/5097137760/in/set-72157625198353416/

    ReplyDelete