Sunday, July 15, 2012

Van Gogh Vodka Collection

Many years ago, I was introduced to Vincent Van Gogh thru the biography Lust for Life that we were supposed to read for a high school English class.  When I moved to Memphis, I went to see a small exhibit of his paintings which got me interested in reading more about his life and his work.  Later, when I moved to Chicago, we went to see an exhibit of Van Gogh and Paul Gaugin that showed their works before, during, and after their stay in Arles together where the famous ear cutting incident took place.  It was interesting to see how the artists began to share style and techniques of each other while in Arles and after they split company together.

Somewhere over the last 10 years, I discovered that there was an award winning vodka that had the Van Gogh name that was made in the Netherlands at the time.  I have since started a collection of bottles of the different flavors that we have on display in the foyer of our house.


Yesterday, we went to Kenwood Liquors in Homer Glen, IL because I knew that they had a few flavors that I was missing.  We picked up 4 more bottles to add to the collection.




2 comments:

  1. I need the Rich Dark Chocolate one. I've been looking for that one but haven't found it yet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't let Uncle Packy come over to your pad and see that. They will all be gone in one night!

    ReplyDelete