Saturday, May 19, 2012

Pepper Stout Beef (sorta)

Last Saturday, I made a variation of Pepper Stout Beef.  I originally found this recipe on www.Pelletheads.com.  The results were a hit with the wife and the neighbors.  I've been eating the leftovers all week.

I smoked the chuck roasts at 200* for about 6-7 hours until they reached an internal temp of 160*.  After that, I turned the grill up to 350*.  I placed the roasts in pans with the sliced up vegetables, some rub, some liquid smoke, some worcestershire, and a bottle of Beck's Oktoberfest.  They cooked for another 2 hours or so covered.  I then pull the foil off the pans to reduce down the liquid a bit.  I then pulled the beef and let sit in the veggies and broth.

Close up shot of the rubbed down chuck roast.

The two new rubs that I purchased at Sam's by McCormick's - Texas Smokehouse Burger and Cracked Peppercorn & Worcestershire Burger.

About 5-6 lbs of chuck roast on the 2nd rack on the Memphis Elite.

The Memphis Elite smoking away.

The modified ingredient list - mushrooms, 4 different colored bell peppers, onions, jalapenos, garlic, rub, liquid smoke, worcestershire sauce, and beer.

Close up shot of the ingredients in the pan waiting for the roast to get to 160*.

Pic of the final product and some polish sausages that I made with it.


A pic of the sandwich with some horseradish sauce.


Sandwich close up shot.

1 comment: