Monday, September 5, 2011

2011 Labor Day Weekend BBQ - Monday

I got started a little later on Monday.  It was about 12:30pm when the Traeger started up.  I had 3 racks of St Louis ribs and 3 racks of baby back ribs to make (about 25 lbs).  I pulled them off after about 4 hours when I noticed more smoke than normal coming out of the grill.  After looking into it, the left fire pot had filled with pellets for some reason and was smoldering.  I am not sure why it happened considering it had been running properly for 4 hours.  Strangely, the St Louis ribs were ready, but the baby back could have used another 30-60 minutes to get to the tenderness that I prefer.  They were all still edible.

I also made 3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts that I had marinated overnight in Lawry's Caribbean Jerk marinade.  I fired up the Weber Spirit for them.

No comments:

Post a Comment