Sunday, April 1, 2012

Smok'n Spice 1st Cook

My first use of the product was on an apple smoked bacon pork tenderloin from Sam's.  For some reason, I love this cut of their's.

RSI - Resuable Smoke Infuser


RSI lid and body

Mediterranean Blend pellets

Filled RSI about 1/2 way

Put lid back on RSI
Found a use for my Weber Spirit

Front view of RSI on grill grate

Lit RSI with torch for about 30-45 seconds as instructed

Placed meat on unlit grill as instructed and let smoke for about 90 minutes

Final sliced product after smoked on the Memphis Elite

The food had a sweeter taste than on previous cooks I had made.  I am speculating that was due to the Smok'n Spice pellets, but I will leave that up to Chris to confirm.  I enjoyed the enhancement it made to the pork loin.  I plan to do a pizza with the oregano pellets today.

1 comment: