Sunday, April 8, 2012

Two 4lb Whole Chickens

On Friday, I poured 3 bottles of Lawry's Caribbean Jerk marinade on two 4lb chickens and let them set in the fridge until about 10am this morning.


I cold smoked them with Smok'n Spice sage pellets for about 30 minutes.

I then placed the birds on the Elite at 200* for an hour.  I then turned it up to 250* for another hour.  The IT was about 145* by then.  I turned it up to 350* and had to pull them off in 15 minutes.

Here is the finished whole chicken after letting rest about 25 minutes.

I attempted to cut the chicken into 4 pieces - 2 leg quarters and 2 breasts.  I am not too good at cutting it up.

Here is a close up shot of a leg quarter.

Here is the finished plate.  My neighbor made me the mac n cheese yesterday in a trade for smoking some pork and chicken drumsticks for her.  I made the green beans on Friday night.

The chicken was a little too moist for me, but had great flavor.  All of the items on the plate were delicious though.

No comments:

Post a Comment