Saturday, June 30, 2012

Kicked Up Pepper Stout Beef

Here is my second attempt at the pepper stout beef.  The family and neighbors love this stuff.  Some say it is the best food I ever made and they raved about all of the other stuff for years.  This one got kicked up unintentionally by including the serrano pepper.

Cold smoking with oregano pellets for an hour

Cold smoking with oak pellets for an hour

Rubbed with McCormick's Texas hamburger seasoning

Put on the Memphis Elite at 225*

Amazin Tube Smoker with oak pellets.  This thing ran for about 7 hours with temps on the grill between 225* and 350*

The veggies - white onion; red, yellow, orange, and green bell peppers; jalapeno; serrano.  I did not realize the serrano was about 10x hotter than the jalapeno.  It really kicked up the heat on this cook.  I loved it.

Veggies sliced.  I then put on some rub, worchestershire, liquid smoke, and a bottle of Leinenkugel's Nut Brown Ale for each roast.

Chuck Roast reached 150* IT and went on top of the veggies and covered to cook at 350*

Chuck Roast finished and ready to be pulled to sit in the juices with the veggies

My new "favorite" sandwich.

No comments:

Post a Comment