Thursday, March 29, 2012

Smok'n Spice

Here is the next trend in the BBQ industry - Smok'n Spice.  Pellets made out of 100% herbs.  There are 3 flavors right now - Oregano, Sage, and Mediterranean Blend.  I can't wait to give these a try this weekend.  I purchased the RSI (Reusable Smoke Infuser) to smoke them.  There are 2 other disposable products that can be purchased too.

The unit is to be used as a cold smoker which means you lite it on a grill that is turned off.  You let your food get the smoke flavor infused into it, remove the RSI, and then lite your grill to cook/smoke the food.  I believe I am going to try a pizza with the oregano pellets first.

The RSI Kit with 1/2 lb of each of the 3 current flavors.

One pound refill kits.

RSI

2 comments:

  1. Ran across your blog looking for this RSI unit, I gotta get one of these & try. Perfect with my set up on a wood deck, I thought about a smoke Daddy but was afraid of the sparks. I like your cooks on pelletheads & will now follow your blog. Don

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Don. I just noticed your blog too. I will keep an eye on it from now on. Nice cooks on there too.

      Delete